BSW MSW AASW
Counselling@Noosa Exercise Physiology, Sunrise Beach Shops.
Approachable, effective & holistic.
I have over 25 years’ experience counselling young people, adults and families, with specialities in family and parenting challenges, mental health, healing from attachment issues and trauma. I am known for my parenting specialisation through my role as a senior clinician in child health services and am highly trained in multiple evidence-based interventions, including EMDR.
As an accredited mental health social worker, I can offer a rebate for eligible clients referred by their doctor. Talk to your doctor about your eligibility for: Better access to mental health care; chronic disease management program (enhanced primary care) and pregnancy counselling. I have affordable rates to support people in the community.
All enquiries welcome
0408 987 870
Counselling, training and therapy services for the Noosa and Sunrise Beach areas
Sometimes we all need a helping hand to negotiate life’s challenges. I am a generalist counsellor, non-judgemental, with proven results. Some of the reasons people use my services:
- Parent-child issues or family challenges.
- Anxiety, depression & grief.
- Life transitions.
- Healing from attachment & relationship challenges.
- Carers fatigue, illness and aged care.
- Trauma & phobias.
- Changing unhelpful patterns.
- Work and other stress.
Individual and group supervision in the human services industry
I have extensive experience in providing individual and group clinical supervision to a range of professionals and use contemporary clinical supervisory practice to positively influence culture at the organisational and team level for improved performance to support client health outcomes. I have a specialised role in the government providing supervision to social workers and psychologists, with a speciality in attachment, family work and trauma recovery. Video conference supervision available.
I am an experienced and entertaining trainer, providing professional development sessions to a range of professionals and services. I can tailor a package to suit your service needs. Some of the training I have provided:
- Preventing burnout, compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma, strategies for individuals and teams.
- Using attachment theory in our work with individuals and families.
- Group supervision models.
- Common parenting challenges and intervention ideas.
- Working with people who have experienced trauma and sexual assault.
- Working with people bereaved by suicide.
“Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up”